The Arts and Culture team aims to deliver a coherent and prestigious programme of exciting permanent and temporary commissions that are specific to our locations and accessible to all.
The focus of the programme follows the Arts and Culture Strategy’s theme of ‘Activating Creativity’. Commissions under the programme will be developed which meet at least one of the following criteria;
- Enhancing the reputation of University of Exeter as a creative and engaging place.
- Making a positive regional impact.
- Engaging existing and new stakeholders.
- Supporting student and staff experience.
- Strengthening and promoting the University’s collections.
- Offering opportunities for collaboration with artists, stakeholders and other organisations.
Linking with the University’s Capital Strategy, our approach to art commissioning will be to maximise engagement within the University, regionally, with alumni and potential supporters. We will be open to commissioning projects in a variety of art forms and across all our campuses.
An Art Commissioning Group with representatives from across the University convenes four times a year to support and approve the art commissioning programme that is developed by the Arts and Culture Team.